Walt Smith live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone have experience with Walt Smith live rock. Is it any good and how does it compare to others.
Thank you

I have seen several online retailers advertising that they sell Walt Smith LR. It is mostly Fiji, I believe. From the pics I have seen, the rock looks pretty good. Lots of coraline growth. Sipping time is a concern as it comes from Fiji. Expect a lot of die-off and the need to cure it yourself. Two to three day shipping times.

Yes they are located in Fiji. I am being told when I place my order they will notify me of shipment and I can pick it up at the local airport the next day. They recommend this over "front door delivery " due to time it would sit in trucks until it got to me. It is also cheaper.

I just bought some Walt Smith rock from www.oceanpro.com. They sell through Ebay for the best price. Right now you can get cured rock for $2.25. It is NICE. Lots of color and critters.

I think I may purchase small boxes from several suppliers to get a large variety of coralline etc. since I already have a large portion of my LR (700lbs) Is this a bad idea?

My reef rubble is Walt Smith, and I have no complaints. Very nice, and porous rock.
Sounds like a good plan Brenden.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom