Walt Smith rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScurdOfCychlidz

Aquarium Advice Regular
Has anyone purcahsed this before? heard of it? I know a lot of people love lr.com but im just seeing whats out there.

Thanks for your opinons.

heh, its just soo bad, cuz i met someone that is selling the walt smith rock for $160.00 for 50lbs...and thats not too bad.

I love my Fiji Rock (which I believe came from Walt Smith). You will not get the additional lifeforms you will get from aquacultured Florida rock but within a few months you should have tons of coralline and pods. I was happy not to have to deal with dreaded mantis shrimp.

99% of the Fiji rock in tyhe trade is from Walt smith he is one of a very few distributors/importers of rock. It is good rock but so iss liverocks.com i would do a 50/50 mix if it were me!

I just want to say, the biggest diffrence is wether the rock is aquaclutred or not.

I just want to say, the biggest diffrence is wether the rock is aquaclutred or not.

Diversity is very desirable.. I second going for a mix of both!

I have seen the liverocks.com stuff and will say it is very nice!! The Fiji is kind of a crap shoot since it comes in transshipped and may sit in a warehouse out of water for days or weeks!

im only trying to do the cheap way..heh, cuz liverocks.com has good prices but shipping makes it sooo much more.

Back
Top Bottom