Want a sump ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

westy101

Aquarium Advice Activist
I really need/want a sump but my cabinet has a board in the middle and I can't knock t out :/ so what should I do buy another canister ?? Maybe but people say that's my nitrate problem ? Any ideas be helpful thanks

my cabinet had a board in the middle we made a frame like frameing out a window slipped it in and then cut out the middle it wasnt that bad just make sure you support the middle when you cut out the board

How would you cut the board my board is like tight to the edges ?

Don't cut the board, chances are that it's a load bearing support so if you cut it, down goes the tank. I had a similar problem with my old stand, I ended up building a custom stand to enable me to have a sump. I'd look into doing that, there are plenty of ideas over in the DIY forums.

Is that right what I said about nitrates ? If so could I just use live rock in every stage ?

OR YOU COULD HAVE 2 SUMPS AND JOIN THEM TOGETHER WITH PVC PIPE,THATS WHAT i'VE DONE,PICS ARE IN MY PROFILE!!

Were in your profile are the pics they would be really helpfull thanks

it is load bearing thats why you frame it out to add support. i used a recipricating saw it worked great it really isn't hard to do.

Kl cheers if not what about stack on top e.g.

Attachments

• image-1873798663.jpg
    image-1873798663.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 85
  • image-1987844720.jpg
    image-1987844720.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 102
If nit I've only got one of these any thing I could do with it ?? Any ideas be great thanks

Attachments

• image-2367775903.jpg
    image-2367775903.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 88
Just rough lol and are you going to be useful or just annoying ?

sorry cant make heads or tails out of your drawing or the way you write. i have a 75 gal tank and was able to cut the middle out so maybe you should only respond to things you know about. and yes the sump will lower your nitrates as long as you put cheto in and you arnt over feeding your fishalso check the water you are doing water changes with to see if the nitrates are zero. a sump wont fix all problems but it is a great step up in filtration.

36133_136847039675612_100000509497517_318919_5793506_n.jpg

Would it be easier to change all the media in the canister for lr ?

Also how did you cut the middle cow,d you give a detailed explanation please thanks

Back
Top Bottom