Want more invertebrates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hwtillman1524

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 44 gallon reef tank. I have two crabs, about 20 small snails, 5 mexican turbos, and a cleaner shrimp. I also have one dart fish, but am holding off on fish. I would like to get some cool easy to take care of invertebrates. How many shrimp can I in my tank?

:)

My suggestion would be a pair of scalet skunk cleaners. One of the coolest animals available to us IMO. :)

Yep. add another cleaner and then I would call it quits on the mobile inverts. The pair of shrimp will mate consistantly and introduce eggs to the tank every few weeks. To many sets of shrimp and you can toss your water quality.

Shrimp

If I had two different shrimp would i have the same problem? Such as a peppermint shrimp? Also would a 44 gallon tank be too small for 2-3 shrimp

Thanks

I'm no pro...but I have 2 Skunk Cleaners and 4 Peppermint Shrimps. I have a small Aiptasia Aenome problems..thus the Peppermints. I have them housed in a 40 Gallon Breeder Tank. The breeder has a wider footprint than standard tank...and I have the rock work spead out. There seems to be no problems with this so far.

WC

Back
Top Bottom