want to build a new tank for seahorses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lisamweston

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I am dreaming about a new tank for seahorses, I am starting to explore what all could be in there with them. Do people think that seahorses with some corals could live ok with some anemones and clown fish if the tank were big enough? Any suggestions for a size of tank and I understand that it should also be tall so the seahorses can move up and down. Glad to hear all suggestions to make this a most awesome tank.

Sea horses must be in their own tank. You need to get a tall tank. Make sure they have things to hang on too. If you go on vacation a lot, make sure you know someone experienced to take care of them. They are extremely difficult.

The Lfs I go to had their seahorses in a hexagon tank. With a few pipe fish and once in a awhile they have a smaller fish in there too but I also am planning a seahorse tank but not until I can monitor the tank temperature over the summer to determine if the temperature will stay low enough for them to not over heat. I have the tank operating as a fish only tank for the time being, while taking special care to not introduce anything harmful by only using dry rock and other measures

Back
Top Bottom