Want to start adding coral to my setup.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am looking forward to getting the lights mounted in my canopy. I also have 2 RBTA's in my tank can they be affected by too much light? Will they move if they arent happy with the new lights? I am going from a four lamp 36" t5ho to 2-120w leds so i probably wont be turning the brightness up very high on the leds?

yes there is a chance they will move around if they are uncomfortable with lighting but they will adjust over time

the new lights are going to make a world of difference making the tank pop

I have aqua illuminations LEDS (very strong) with their controller and I don't always use the coral acclimation feature. Depending on the type sometimes just sticking them in the sand bed is enough and slowly move them up to where you want them. If you buy your coral from your lfs see what their lighting is and try to match those intensities.

Good to know! I definitely do not wanna bleach them but i want to make sure they get enough light!

Judging by your pics. You might need another powerhead also. Corals like flow. I like your set up.

Judging by your pics. You might need another powerhead also. Corals like flow. I like your set up.

That is in the works. I am trading my t5 fixture for a few goodies from my LFS a powerhead being one of the goodies.:)

Got my lights mounted in my canopy!!! Any thoughts/suggestions?

Only problem I see with that is they'll be too close to the water. Pretty much the same idea I had bc I have the same exact canopy idea. I turned out hanging mine from the ceiling.

Only problem I see with that is they'll be too close to the water. Pretty much the same idea I had bc I have the same exact canopy idea. I turned out hanging mine from the ceiling.

The lights are 8" off the top of the water. Do you think that's too close?

Back
Top Bottom