Wanting a reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Konrade

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been wanting a reef for awhile and now i have decided to go for it. I have a 29 gallon with around 22, 21 pounds of live rock. I have two bio wheels but i plan on also adding a berlin air lift skimmer. Should i get rid of the bio wheels or keep them? Also i have been looking at a coralife 30" PC with 130 watts. Would this be enough wattage to keep some pumping xenias, some polyps, and some shrooms? I also have one powersweep 214 ph. Would that be enough water flow? And what kind of additives should i get. I was thinking kalkwasser, but i also have some kent PH buffer. Can I just use this instead?
Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Tyler

I would add another powerhead. See if the biowheels cause a NO3 problmes for you. If so, get rid of them. Lighitng should be enough for most soft corals and some LPS corals.

I agree with Lando need more circulation, You need at least 10 x gph in your tank (290). I have almost 20 x in my tank. Bio wheels should stay until you get mor Live rock and circulation though.

I would also consider getting more live rock. Especially if you are removing other forms of filtration from the tank

Back
Top Bottom