wanting bristles am i crazy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok so a fellow member may be sending me unwanted bristles am i crazy for actually wanting to add some? my only big q is how big to they get and where do they go when the lights on also it won't crawl out right? i only have a 10g

lol could you help with any of the questions pure if these suckers can crawl out ima be slepless tanks right near my head

I Don't believe they can crawl up glass or acylic. If they get more then 4-5 inches long you are overfeeding the tank. Finally, they hide in the rock when the lights are on, occasionally you will see them during feeding with the lights on.

Wolf... They won't crawl out. They will live peacefully under your rocks eating excess food and waste. You will only see them when you feed. I have some fairly large ones and I find them no more sinister than night crawlers. And trust me... I don't like anything vicious in our tanks. We don't mind them a bit.

youve seen my layout oi dont have much hiding spots oh well i dont mind the look of em to be honest i just dont want em crawling out or getting huge!

Maya said:
Wolf... They won't crawl out. They will live peacefully under your rocks eating excess food and waste. You will only see them when you feed. I have some fairly large ones and I find them no more sinister than night crawlers. And trust me... I don't like anything vicious in our tanks. We don't mind them a bit.

thanks im just concerned about size do they sift the sand? i was kkind of disappointed when my lr didnt have any

They aren't sifters, they just eat detritus off the surface of the rocks/sand and they won't be visible any other time. They are extremely good at hiding, even in the smallest set up they will be like ghost.

lol turns out keys in the land down under anyone got some bristles they don't want lol imm tryin to find some but no one has any they wana part with

Sold my tank a couple weeks ago or I would have fished you out some. I am doing all dry rock in the new builds to ensure i DONT get them again. lol

Nope, bristle worms are EXTREMELY good at hiding. I didn't see a single worm on the rock in my old tank. I looked it over, it sat in 5 gallon buckets for a week, then into my tank. First feeding after the cycle, worms came out of every rock.

Purevil21 said:
Nope, bristle worms are EXTREMELY good at hiding. I didn't see a single worm on the rock in my old tank. I looked it over, it sat in 5 gallon buckets for a week, then into my tank. First feeding after the cycle, worms came out of every rock.

sounds like something outta a horror movie pure my skin woulda crawled

thanks for the offer kc but im farther east lol more salties need to pop up in RI il think il put a post in the clasifides

Thanks, seems like A nice place. I hope to learn A few things before I go off and kill a bunch of fish. lol

lol we love to help im a fellow satie new guy as well but this is getting to OT and i allredy get introuble enough you should post a thread in the member into section

Back
Top Bottom