Warning...brine shrimp will kill your fish!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I guess I got your attention. :D If I would not have seen this myself I would not believe it. Today was feeding day for my QT tanks. Todays menu was frozen brine shrimp soaked in zoe and garlic extreme. When I feed one of the 30 gallon tanks that had 2 chromis a 3 clowns in it the chromis went crazy trying to eat as much as they could before the others got any. One of the chromis saw a piece floating next to the glass and made a sprint for it. Smacked its head off the glass at full speed and killed himself. :( I guess the garlic got him to excited.

Wow, now that's something you don't see everyday! (thankfully...ha)

Are you sure he was dead? Did you try to revive him. Maybe a jolt from a 9V battery would have brought him back :) Next question...what actually killed him...was it the impact that did it, or did the impact knock him unconcious and then he drowned...I would put in a call to CSI...something sounds fishy ...HAH...fishy...get it FISHY! Bah..forget it lol
Never heard of that before, I have a freshwater pictus catfish that spooks easily and I believe he has jumped and bounced off the canopy before, but he's a tough old fish.

I had a tank of leopard frogs once. One got so excited and jumped so hight that "konk" ! - he hit his head on the cover and killed himself.

I believe you !

JG

That's insane! I've never heard of a fish hitting the glass fast enough to kill itself. Are you sure it's the impact as someone already asked? Sounds very bizarre.

One of our LFS owners told us he was trying to net a Flying Fox and the thing got up speed shot all the way across the 125 gallon tank, lept into the air, and impacted the wall four feet from the tank! BAM! The fish survived, though. Fish are crazy. :mrgreen:

I am positive the impact killed him. I saw him do it . I left him in the tank for around a hour after it happen hoping it just knocked itself out. Not gill movement etc.

It made me mad. I was walking around mumbling about the stupid fish for a few hours afterwards. I told my wife at least me died with a full stomach.

Back
Top Bottom