Waste salt water usage...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weekf

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone know if I can use the waste salt water for the lawn and plant? What do you guys normally do with the water after water change? I dare not pour them on the lawn worrying that may kill my water or plant but would love to fully utilise them and save some water.

Could anyone let me know if it is possible to use them for watering the plant?

Thanks guys.

Do not use it on your lawn or plants...this would most definately kill them. I don't know of any way to utilise it the way you would like to....but I do know that the salt will hurt your plants etc.
Maybe somebody else will have some ideas...good to see you caring for the environment though. :D

Nah dun really care for the environment. Just want to save some water on the plant and therefore save $$$ for myself lol...

Don't know about Australia, but here in Alabama I take it out to the edge of our back yard and dump it. The deer come up and lick the salt that has been left behind. That way I get to enjoy the deer.

I pour it down the toilet lol. Its the closest and best way to get rid of it here. The water stinks and has uhh well crap in it so I dont want that around my house on the outside lol. I dont think there is a way to recycle it.

Hi Gator, really nothing happen to your lawn??

I have "St. Augustine" grass. Don't know if that makes a difference. Every time I dump the salt water in the same spot right out my front door. I can't see any difference between that area and the rest. Maybe if I were doing it every single day it would kill it. Who knows. But every few weeks... hasn't hurt it one bit.

I see. I have a 20gal nano I do waterchange EVERY week. But hell won't risk killing my lawn or plant will just pour them into the toilet.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I do the same as Gatorfreak and my grass looks just fine. However when I was building my stand and canopy the mineral spirits that spilled on the grass killed it and has yet to recover.

Typically if yo udump it on your lawn it probably will nto do much cause the environemnt and outside is a big ecosystem. But if you dump enough or you dump it in a housplant where the salt can nto ddisperse I bet you the plant will die.

This is common sense people.

Of all the things to worry about when it comes to money, I woudl think water would be the least of yoru concearns.

weekf said:
Nah dun really care for the environment. Just want to save some water on the plant and therefore save $$$ for myself lol...

While this was funny as heck. it's really not!!! BUT FOR SOME REASON ...

I can't stop laughing! :ROFLMAO:

(y)

Back
Top Bottom