Watchmen Gobies are incredibly trainable.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm truely suprised.

It took all of a few weeks, to get my Watchmen Goby from new in the tank, hiding all the time.

To having him come out and prop up all proud and mighty on the rockwork the second I open the tank up to feed the tank.

He knows when I feed to, and he sits out and waits for me. Spoiled bum even gets his food handed to him [ I drop it right infront of his mouth, all he has to do is open and he sucks it right in ]

I'm just suprised at how easy these guys are to train and teach.

No.

I've sworn of shrimp, since the 30 dollar skunk cleaner I had died JUST AFTER the 48 hour return policy.

You should recondiser the pistol. It is a truely amazing symbiotic relationship to watch. Very cool.

sorry to jump in, but i just wanted to let you know lando, that i've deceided on a yellow watchman goby to go with my two pistol's based soley on your recommendation of the pair. You're always recommending them to people on here, so i'm taking your advice! i'll be getting my goby in a few weeks, (after i pay my car insurance :wink: )

i got the pistol shrimp and watchman goby but have not seen the shrimp since i put him in. might of caught a glimpse of him once but not sure might of been one of the peppermint shrimp i have in there. is this usual that pistol shrimp to hide and not be seen how do i know if he is getting food

Hopefully with the goby around you will see more of your pistol. My two are out all of the time. Goby is guarding the cave while the pistol bull-dozes sand out of it. They have a pretty extensive tunnel system under the rocks. Whenever the pistol is out of the cave it aways has one antenia on the goby for security. This is the same behavior exhibitited in the wild. If the goby moves, the shrimp in gone in the blink of an eye.

lando said:
You should recondiser the pistol. It is a truely amazing symbiotic relationship to watch. Very cool.

I know, but at this point I can't justify the expense.

Does the pistol shrimp have the same symbiotic relationship with the Spotted Goby as well? Mine was the same as William. When I first put him in, I never saw him, now whenever I sit in front of the tank he sits right out front and watches me.

brndfrb said:
you paid 30 bucks for a cleaner shrimp. WOW.

That is standard price in my area too!

I recently discovered the popping sound from my live rock was a pistol shrimp...and I too thought Yellow Watchman Gobie would be GREAT! I got him 5 days ago. He has hardly moved from a corner of the tank. I feel I almost need to hand feed him, as he does not move from the corner of the tank. How long does it take a Gobie to get accustomed to the tank. I hope he will seek out his Pistol Shrimp soon.

WC

Back
Top Bottom