Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No man. Get some RO water or purchase an RO/DI machine and mix your own.

How would boiling water get rid of waste ? If you were to poop in a pot of water, then boil it, what would happen ? would the poo disappear ?

Hmm. I agree boiling your water isn't going to help. You need to do regular water changes with clean premixed saltwater. How old is your tank? What are your tank parameters? Have you tested for phosphates? Is the algae green or brown?

Yes that was a good answer, But if it is algee bloom and I boiled the water for a short time to kill the algee and then put it back in the tank would that work? I am working with a 125 gal. with 2 emp 400 filters and a 304 canister filter. I have done several water changes in the last few weeks with RO water. and it is getting quite exspencive. just in the last week I have replaced 75 gal new water and the tank is still cloudy. I put a new protin skimmer on it and nothing seemed to collect in the cup so I thought I bought a shitty skimmer, so I brought it home and put it on my tank and it started working right away.

When did you set up your tank? If you did recently, its just a diatom bloom. If it's been established and you're just now getting algae blooms, it's better to find out why you're having this problem. IMO, boiling your water is pointless. What are your water parameters?

Back
Top Bottom