Water Agitation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Strawman

Aquarium Advice Activist
How much is enough?

I have 2 MaxiJet400s on opposite sides of the tank, each about an 2 inches below the surface agitating the water do you think that this is enough agitation for oxygen or do I need more?

I can return to the micro bubbles from my protein skimmer is required but I would rather not.

You don't want the bubbles from your skimmer in your DT. I have my PH's similar to yours only mine are about halfway down the back wall pointed towards the top center of the front wall. I've never had a problem with them that way. As long as the surface has some nice ripples you should be ok.

.... I need term that aren't relative. like 1 cm at the crest of the ripple, or one millimeter troughs. etc

You want the height of the ripples ? No idea lol. Just as long as the surface tension is being broken allowing for gas exchange you should be fine. Keep it the way you have it and if your fish start "gasping" for air at the surface you need more agitation. Sorry if that doesn't help.

Back
Top Bottom