Water agitation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Damarferg

Aquarium Advice Freak
Do you really need surface agitation because I have a reef tank and my corals need flow. I have two fans facing down on opposite ends I have a 65 tall tank. Or should I buy two more fans to face upward for surface agitation

Do you really need surface agitation because I have a reef tank and my corals need flow. I have two fans facing down on opposite ends I have a 65 tall tank. Or should I buy two more fans to face upward for surface agitation

By fans, do you mean power heads?

You should buy 1 morw and face it a bit upwards towards the front of the tank. It will create a nice turbulent water flow

I have a cheap power head from petco pointed at my surface, it works great because it can angle 45 degrees. I would say go with something like this if you don't want to spend a ton on a power head for surface agitation, if you also want more flow then I would probably get something of better quality. Oceanic BioCube Circulation Aquarium Pump is the name of the one I got and it was about $30. The Hydor Koralia Nano Water Circulation Pump is nice but I can't get mine to angle to the surface. Hope this helps.

I have a cheap power head from petco pointed at my surface, it works great because it can angle 45 degrees. I would say go with something like this if you don't want to spend a ton on a power head for surface agitation, if you also want more flow then I would probably get something of better quality. Oceanic BioCube Circulation Aquarium Pump is the name of the one I got and it was about $30. The Hydor Koralia Nano Water Circulation Pump is nice but I can't get mine to angle to the surface. Hope this helps.

Ok thanks I will probably go this way don't want to spend a lot of money because I already have two

Back
Top Bottom