water and glass problems??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
M

mannyfern09

ive had my tank for about two and half months now....the glass of my fishtank in the inside has stuff growing on it... ( alot of it )... what is it?? and what can i do to control this or prevent it???

if it is green then its algae. Just get a sponge and wipe it off.

yeahh... but how often should i be washing this off??

as much as you like. My glass is very clean and spotless of algae

yeah because i go to the fish stores around my house ... and alll their glasses are spotless... why cant mine look like that :/

is there anything i should use in particular to make it look better?!

any fish or anything that will help the procesS??

a straight edge object, like a kent marine scraper or a razor blade, hold firmly in your hand and scrape.....

The glass at the LFS is probably cleaned everyday with sponges and scappers. There is no substitute for a little 10 minute/day job.

Actually, what/how much are you feeding the tank? What is your loghting cycle?
If it is algae, it lives off of DOC and Phosphates. Reduction of these and regimented PWCs, should lower the former two and reduce your algae.
Do you have a clean up crew?
If you update "my info" with your critters/equip/tank size, we might be able to help.
My LFS rarely has algae in their tanks. I am pretty sure she doesn't scrape them everyday....

on this tank its a 30 gallon. For clean up i have about 20 snails and 20 harmit crabs.( blue legs )... ?? it seems to be a pretty bad problem?

Mag float glass cleaner and more snails. All tanks get build up on the glass and has to be cleaned. LFS just do it before the customers come in.

Back
Top Bottom