Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-12-2016, 01:44 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Water change

I want to do 10 gallon water changes a week is that enough to keep my 275 gallon reef tank happy ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Jcj0033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 02:05 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
That's not even a 10% water change, you should be doing at least a 30 gallon a week.

Skyjacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:30 PM   #3
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
And even though I do agree with 10% a week, the ten gallon change is better than nothing. Don't get discouraged if you cant do the ten percent and don't do anything. Some is better than none.
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:34 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi ten gallon is better than none,if you stock lightly and have plenty of live rock and small fish then this could be sufficient. Plus also feed as little as possible.
stingrays4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:00 PM   #5
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
since you don't want to do the 10% / 30g I would do 1/2 that is 5% / 15g

15g would get you by just keep a strict schedule not missing any , as long as your not over feeding I would say you would be fine

now with every 5th water change I would do a extra 5g bringing you to 20g for that change. than you go back to your 15 till you come back around to the 5th and do 20g
just keep this routine going , be sure you take readings before you do your water change and 4 hrs after to be sure your levels are safe ,
Fish are like lifesavers
They come in different colors

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 02:54 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak
Depends on your filtration. You've got allot of water volume. On my 40 gallon I do 5 gallons a week , on my 10 gallon 40% a week but on my 150 I only do a water change every few months. I dose everything and run phosban, biopellets and run a heavy duty skimmer. My parameters are dead on. No nitrates or phosphates. My fish tank is under stocked tho. But what works for me might not work for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Fish-guy is offline   Reply With Quote

ate, change, water, water change

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com