Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-11-2004, 08:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Water change parameters

I plan to do a 15% waterchange every 2 weeks in my 36 gallon, and was wondering how exact the water parameters have to be for the new water.

How near do temperature (78 - 80°F in the tank), pH (8.2 in the tank) and SG (SG 1.022 in the tank) have to be in the waterchange water, to that of the tank?

In particular, the pH of the new water will be higher than the tank, because it will have lowered a bit in the tank over the 2 weeks anyway. Will this pose a problem? How exact do the waterchange water parameters have to be?

MarkW19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 09:48 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via ICQ to jackdp
As long as the pH isn't out of normal range (8.0-8.3) you should be fine. The tank water will be able to absorb that small of a water volume. Temperature and specific gravitly should be as close to tank water as possible, especially SG.
Brad C.
jackdp is offline   Reply With Quote

change, meters, parameters, water change

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search