water change question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lziarek

Aquarium Advice Freak
any point in doing a water change if my readings are all 0 ph is stable and I use kent marine trace minerals once a week (the dosage they suggest)? I also have 60lbs of a cc argonite sand mixture that is rated to maintain certain levels of nutrients (ca mg etc) in the water.

my criters are just my clean up crew which contains:
3 margarita snails (large)
1 unknown snail (small)
12 blue reef hermits
2 red reef hermits
1 sand sifting star fish (really active and an awesome detrivore! very fun to watch)

I think you will find that ditching the trace additive and doing a 5 - 10% weekly water change will be more beneficial. I drip kalk and change water. Thats all that goes into my tank besides food. I think most people here will agree that if you frequenty change small ammount of water and don't add anything you can't test for you will be more successful. I know some people like Michael Prater don't change water, however his tank is at least two years old and he has plenty of experience to base that decision on. For a tank that is not yet mature (under 2 years) frequent partial water changes are a must.

Back
Top Bottom