Water Change Water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redsea said:
So, what do all the SW keepers do with their water? Thank you! :)

Whats up man!? Havent seen ya in awhile! Hope all is well good to see you

I take it out back and dump it into the drain. Figure it goes to the ocean anyways. I make sure i dont dump it in plants though..

Whats up man!? Havent seen ya in awhile! Hope all is well good to see you

I take it out back and dump it into the drain. Figure it goes to the ocean anyways. I make sure i dont dump it in plants though..

I am well, how are you? I currently don't have any tanks right now, but am considering setting up one. :)

dump it in veggie garden
my tomatoes last summer were huge
its like steroids for plants the nutrients are amazing

I started off using it to murder a rhododendron I hated outside my house. With that mission accomplished, I throw it into the woods right behind my house. Helps keep the brush from creeping up since it is 3 feet from the back of my house.

dump it in veggie garden
my tomatoes last summer were huge
its like steroids for plants the nutrients are amazing

Are you serious??? Man I have not been able to keep tomato plants for nothing...
I normally pour mine down the drain.

I just have a dilemma because if I ever set up a salt tank again, I would have no clue what to do with the water. We have a septic tank, so I hear it isn't best to pour your water down the drain. We have a storm drain in our backyard (we have flooding issues), but I think that is illegal to pour it there. We also have a well, so I am afraid that if we pour it in the yard it could end up in the well. See my dilemma here? Lol

I don't think it would be illegal to dump to it down a storm drain, and there would be no worry about it ending up in the well - the ground is a great filter :)

It will kill grass and other vegetation though - and the article I linked above says "diluted seawater". I wouldn't recommend dumping it on most things that you want to live.

I don't think it would be illegal to dump to it down a storm drain, and there would be no worry about it ending up in the well - the ground is a great filter :)

It will kill grass and other vegetation though - and the article I linked above says "diluted seawater". I wouldn't recommend dumping it on most things that you want to live.

Thanks.

How has your tank been doing?

Back
Top Bottom