Water Changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggy953

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just a quick survey...I'm curious about what everyone does....

How big is your tank?

How often do you do PWCs?

How much water do you change?

Thanks

Mine:
72G (120 total system volume)

Every other week.

25gallons

This is the plan for the new tank:

180G (250 total volume)

Monthly

30 gallons

Old tank

125 gallons

monthlyish

20 gallons

72 gallon bowfront
pwc every 7-10 days
20% change

(I've got problems keeping my phosphates in check so I change the water every weekend if possible)

I have a 125 gallon with 40 gallon fuge. I change 15% every week. I`m a big fan of frequent PWC`s.

I have a 72g Bow with alot of Fish. I won't list them as you guys will get mad at me. :p

Weekly. Sometimes earlier depending on how the fish acts.

Now back to 20 Gallon

BTW, can anyone link me to good DYI site of how to build and what to know about sumps.

Petco has $1 per gallon sale and I saw this 45G that I want to build a sump/refuge. 36" x 13" x 24"

PM me so the the thread wont go off topic.

Thanks.

75g wc 10G every other week (20g / month)

20g wc 5g every week (20g / month) - no skimmer or filter in this tank so wc's are a MUST..

Does professional work count or just home aquaria?

edit: Bah, who cares. 25%+ bi-weekly regardless of size at work; otherwise, monthly or every couple of months at home.

How big is your tank?
--150 gallons (175 system total)

How often do you do PWCs?
--None so far. I do, however, suppliment and frequently test all parameters.

How much water do you change?
--If I do em, it'd be 25 gallons

45 gallons

Monthly usually, though more frequently now because I'm trying to combat algae issues that arose from going a few months without a water change.

When I do change, I change around 10 - 15 gallons.

I do 20gals on my 95gal reef (plus a 15gal simp) every 2-3weeks depending on my motivation. Both my pico and nano get bi-weekly water changes of 50% and 25% respectively.

This is great information gang thanks. I started this to help out the newbies when the question is asked about PWCs. Maybe by reading through these posts people will get an idea of what has worked for all of us. They will be able to see the different sized systems and how much water is changed and how often. Thanks!!

"How big is your tank?"
125g Main, 30g sump/fuge

"How often do you do PWCs?"
Every 3 weeks

"How much water do you change?"
40g

Back
Top Bottom