Water changes and water containers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If your fliters are in good order your PH should be 7.0 or better known as neutral. The only way for it to raise is there is an alkaline residue in the container or if it falls there is an acid residue in the container.

Thincat, hmmmm. I know that once I use the containers I don't air dry them out. I just close the lids and then they sit in my garage. I wonder if any remaining water turns acidic. I know there is residue inside the large garbage bin and this bin stays open to the air in the garage. In am just trying to make a corallation here.

If your fliters are in good order your PH should be 7.0 or better known as neutral. The only way for it to raise is there is an alkaline residue in the container or if it falls there is an acid residue in the container.

Thincat, hmmmm. I know that once I use the containers I don't air dry them out. I just close the lids and then they sit in my garage. I wonder if any remaining water turns acidic. I know there is residue inside the large garbage bin and this bin stays open to the air in the garage. In am just trying to make a corallation here.

You should rinse them after each use and air dry the containers.

As TC said RO/DI water should read ph of 7.0

There is alot of carbon monoxside(sp) in a garage and your tub may be obsurping some of it and making it acid. As Ziggy stated rinse them out and air dry.

Testing pure water (RO/DI) for pH is pointless. How it's been explained to me... pH is a measurement that relies on charged particles in your water. Since pure water is pretty much stripped of these particles it is tough to get a good measurement - any little residue or contaminant will really skew the results.

Back
Top Bottom