Water clarity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ecancienne1983

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was looking at my 55 gal and if i look on the side straight through it its so cloudy but straight on its clear as day is there a way to make it clear straight through or any ideas on what might be causing this i did a 20 gal water change about a week ago

It might be the way the light reflects on one way but not the other.

Well i have a marineland biowheel 400 and the filters have carbon in it and i have two meadia baskets and i put carbon in them is that to much?

that's to long for the filter.. you should change the carbon once a week, it will make a huge difference

usally there is a floss pad and a carbon pad in each basket or something similar, if there are other pads then you should usally change those once every two weeks.. no I wouldn't say your running two much. I have a reactor and I am running about half of cup of carbon

no all carbon is used for is it reduces ammonia and makes the water clear, it does nothing else or does not prevent anything else

yeah I would just change your carbon.. if your levels are good on that size tank you may get away with once every two weeks but I would not go any longer.. generally you want to change it once a week but if you are running larger amounts in a reactor you can go every two weeks

Back
Top Bottom