Water Clarity/Sharpness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dinotrex

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've noticed the water in my tank and the water at the LFS is a bit unsimiliar. I'm speaking of the water clarity and the waters sharpness. I don't have poop floating around or anything, my water is clear in that sense. But I mean how the water at the LFS is so sparkling beautiful. The guys at 2 different fish stores told me 3 different things.

1. I need more Liverock
2. I could put some carbon in a little mesh bag and put that around a high water flowing area.
3. get a UV Sterilizer

Which one do I believe?

All three, might help with water clarity, to give it that pop though, usually all it takes a protien skimmer. It all works in conjunction with each other, there is no one thing for water clarity like your talking about ;)

i would run carbon. i have found that my water is vary clear with that in the tank. so clear like you cant tell that there is any thing in the tank but rock and fish (looks like there is no water). also keep the glass clean with one of the magfloat or some thing like that. i clean my glass every day.

Back
Top Bottom