Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-11-2005, 01:03 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Water clean-up

My water is pretty clear... just have what looks like room-dust and trash particles floating around now for a few days. I have 2 mj1200s and a return nozzle rippling the top of the water to no avail. I have tha filmy (clear but just like a thin film) over like half of the top of my tank. I have read posts that said to shoot phs at it to let the overflow suck to skimmer but it is not working and think it is making it worse. Can't see it from a few feet away but really obvious if up close. How do you guys get rid of this stuff?

Old 03-11-2005, 01:05 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ya don't. I think the spew is part of the live rock deal. The filter feeders probably enjoy it anyway. Just back up a little. Seriously I don't even notice it anymore.

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 01:14 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Dohh! Darn spaghetti worms! Need some spagetti worm hole plugs I guess Seriously... I see the crystal clear show tanks though at a few lfs here... theres got to be a few little secrets to the game...
Old 03-11-2005, 01:40 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

All of the perfectly clear tanks I've seen were running a bare bottom or cc, With live rock ans a sand bed I think it would be dang near impossible to have a perfectly clear tank.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:52 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

I was also thinking about it and it may be my lights wavelenght also. the big 300g that my lfs has has 2 or 3 400w mhs and 4or 6 vho actinics and the lighing is more of a metal whitish/grey look. I cannot find trash in his to save my life and he runs arag 4" bed and TONS of lr (all the way up the back side).... my 4xt5 setup seems more white light looking (if this even makes sense) and I think that could be it. My lights seem to pick up more debris... its more "whitish".

Tags
clean, clean-up

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com