water clearity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhurdler

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have a 29 gal tank and i can not get the water to stay clear. after a couple of days it get cloudy, with a green tint. there is no big algae growth. please help

Welcome to AA :mrgreen: . Is it a fresh water tank? I've never seen the "green water" problem in a salt water tank. If it's fw then turn the lights out and keep it out of the sunlight for a few days. After it clears up then don't ket it get in the sunlight again. Of course if it's a "got sunlight on it and no way to fix it" then I think a product called Alage Fix might do the trick. My 55 is in direct line with the front door, and someone is always fanning the door so I have to use alage fis to keep mine clear. :roll:

What, how much, and how often are you feeding? Overfeeding is typically one of the main culprits for algae blooms.

As Kevin says, reducing the lighting will also help a lot. If there are no corals or other photosynthetic creatures in the tank you could even keep them off for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom