Water Flow Dead Spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkinnyPete

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just finished re-aquascaping my tank. I've got about 170lbs of rock in my 110 gallon now (I'll get some before/after shots up after the sand settles). Anyway, I pushed the rocks back a little. Some of them are touching the back glass, but for the most part I've got about 1-3 inches space back there.

I've got 5 powerheads. Two break the surface and point so that the water meets at the middle front. Two more near the bottom corners angled up and to the middle front so they meet in the middle. And one just pointing across the back to keep things moving there. It looks like I may have some dead spots in the back and maybe in one of the corners. How bad are dead spots? Anything to really worry about? Is it worth busting my butt to re-re-aquascape so there are no dead spots?

Thanks all.

- Skins

IMO dead spots are fine and in nature Im sure there are dead spots in the ocean. There will still be flow in those areas just not a lot. Every tank is going to have some low flow areas.

Back
Top Bottom