Water Has Yellow Tint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thumper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What is the best way to clear up water from the yellow tint? Mine's not bad but I can tell looking down the tank long ways it has a yellowish tint to it. Would a carbon pad in the filter do any good?

Are you running a skimmer? If so your skimmer might not be pulling enought skiminate out. See if you can tweak the skimmer a little. IN addition water changes will help. Carbon will help like Cindy mentioned.

You can limit the yellowing of the water by feeding sparingly.

Do you have a regular water change schedule?

I do a 15-20 percent every two weeks. The skimmer has been producing a a fair amount of waste but I'll check it. I did add a lot of live rock that probably added nutrients in the water to add in the yellowing od the water.

i heard this stuff called chemi-pure by boyd enterprises works well for taking care of that as well as other stuff, i bought some and have been running it for a couple weeks now, my water is really clear, its also good for up to 3 months where carbon only last a couple of weeks or so

Back
Top Bottom