water level and temp controller from Maplins.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pomme

Aquarium Advice Freak
water level and temp controller from Maplins.

i have been looking for a water level monitor so it would control the level in my sump. and whilst looking at the maplins web page came up with this:

http://www.maplin.co.uk

then go to search product no: VF11M

but i dont know how this thing works and if it will power up a peri pump if the water level gets too low, although it says it will?

and then i found this one for controlling the temperature in the tank:

http://www.maplin.co.uk

and search for: FP64U.

although i dont know if it will turn on heaters when the temp gets too low, as i aint a electrical wizz, but what does this mean:

'Output goes high when set points are exceeded'

and if would be able to power up a heater what watt would the heater be able to go up to?

i have no idea if any of these would work but just wondered?

andrew

but i dont know how this thing works and if it will power up a peri pump if the water level gets too low, although it says it will?

Some kind of level swith hooked to a solenoid, more than likely.

'Output goes high when set points are exceeded'

It has a thermometer in the tank, when the temp reaches a certain point (set by you) it provides power to the heater, once it raises to a certain point (also set by you) it takes the power away. Most of them you set one temp that you want the tank to be and it will go a couple degrees below and then heat it to a couple degrees above that set temp.

I can't tell you if either are any good.

I use a ABB Commander Tempature controller. User controlled setpoints and also has alarm settings for high and low tempatures. Total cost for controller and t-stat is about $100, give or take 10 bucks. If you want to add the alarm function to go off with an audible alarm, then you need to purchase a relay and horn, bell or some sort of audible device.

This thing has a nice digital LED readout on the face and is easily programmed. It's not actually made for aquariums, but adapts just fine. It will have many more features that you need for an aquarium, but you never know what the future may hold????..LOL

Back
Top Bottom