Water parameters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bugarte1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is this ok or is everything to high ? My LFS told me to bring up the salinity to 1.030 so I did and they also told me to feed the tank fuel for reefs every other day for coral growth so that's what I did for about a week and now everything is really high. Please some feedback

All I have in the tank is small frags about 20 of them. Mix of soft, SPS, LPS, and mushrooms

Please don't listen to that store anymore. To put it kindly they're dumb. Your salinity should be between 1.024-1.026. That fuel stuff is a waste of your money. No need to add it

Do a water change with the salinity of the water change around 1.026. Should get all params back in check.

Should I do that ASAP or can I wait till Friday that's when I'm do for a water change

I'm waiting on my skimmer to arrive in the mail to bring down the ammonia

You shouldn't have any ammonia. The tank is cycled right? The calcium is a bit high. Alk is fine and mag and salinity are a bit high. You can probably wait until Friday just stop dosing the stuff

I think I have ammonia because I feed my cleaner shrimp and weird looking crab and 2 brittle star fish some flake food

Do I need to feed them ?

Get left over food from what I don't have fish that's why I feed them a little flake food

Oh nvm thought you had fish. Well then yeah I'd give them some food but not everyday. Maybe 2-3 times a week

I don't understand the spike in NH3...how old is your tank and how much live rock do you have?

Back
Top Bottom