Water Parameters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not really. Your calcium maybe a little high, but not detrimental at all. Tank looks cycled, pH looks good. Phosphate should ideally be 0 ppm, but with that amount I don't think it'd cause a problem.

Yeah if you are having cyano problems AND phosphate present, I'd suspect the phosphate. You can but phosphate removing media to rid your tank of it.

My thoughts are a little different than DT's...(not uncommon in this hobby). I would consider your calcium a problem. You have nothing in your tank that is using it up, so my question is how did it get so high? Are you adding anything? Your ph is a tad on the low side as well.

I agree with the comments regarding the PO4 and cyano.

I have to agree with hara as the calcium is way too high. ESP. for a tank 3 months old. Phosphates are a fuel factor for the cyno

Most corals use calcium, but that one will not use that much to lower yours. My suggestion is stop using calcium additives if you are using any and do some PWC`s to bring you calcium back to 400-450 like it should be.

Your Phosphate is way too high. If it is that high in the regular water try testing it closer to the rocks that have a lot of cyano. Phosphates should be between 0-.10 and no higher. You need to do some water changes. Also check the source of your make up and top off water for Phosphates. if you are using an RO/DI your filters may need replacing. I would say your calcium is a little high but nothing to worry about at this point. You may want to aim some powerheads towarsd the rocks to get the water moving there too. Just my 2 cents.

yes i use reef complete, carbonate and reef plus I have not used complete in 2 weeks and calcium is still high

Since you only have 1 coral using Ca, ur Ca won't drop that quick. IMO, you don't have to add additives til you have "alot" of corals.

The way to lower the levels is through water changes. You have absolutely no need for any additives with what you have..

Back
Top Bottom