Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-25-2013, 01:49 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Activist

Also I know I can't get my nitrates down to 0. With just pwc and I dont have a sump can I add some cheato in the display tank controlled maybe in a box or a mesh ? Or something like that so it dont grow all over the place

Old 05-25-2013, 02:07 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Since your 30 gal tank is FOWLR and you are still treating fish with herbal ich medication, you can keep your parameter in acceptable level with pwc weekly until you have your 55 gal back in place. Just keep in mind that the 55 gal has to be with no fish for about 6 weeks in order to completely eradicate the ich in it. Not much to worry about if nitrate is just below 80 in 30 gal but you have to keep watch on ammonia and nitrite. You might have to reduce feeding a little bit. Forget about the cheato for now.

Old 05-25-2013, 02:19 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Activist

The 55 is empty and the 30 I'm not treating it with ick they are no sick fish they seem pretty happy its just my nitrates are about 80 ppm and ammonia is. 25 tomorrow I'm goind to do a 10 gallon water change and test and keep u guys updated
Old 05-25-2013, 02:22 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

With 0.25 ammonia you might have to change more than 10%. Your fish are still in big risk with that value.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:33 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffaquarius View Post
With 0.25 ammonia you might have to change more than 10%. Your fish are still in big risk with that value.
Ok, I think Jeff's been hitting the bottle and posting because he's normally pretty on the mark. But he's a wee bit off tonight.

He is doing a 33% WC which should help ammonia levels a bit and get his nitrate down to around 50 ppm. I had considered using my guppy breeder trap as a method to house chaeto in my 30 back when I was having nitrate issues. I was going to have some of my hob filter return water spill into the breeder trap to cause flow. Not too much so as to keep chaeto from getting out.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:25 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingy View Post

Ok, I think Jeff's been hitting the bottle and posting because he's normally pretty on the mark. But he's a wee bit off tonight.

He is doing a 33% WC which should help ammonia levels a bit and get his nitrate down to around 50 ppm. I had considered using my guppy breeder trap as a method to house chaeto in my 30 back when I was having nitrate issues. I was going to have some of my hob filter return water spill into the breeder trap to cause flow. Not too much so as to keep chaeto from getting out.
Yea that's exactly what I planned if I would get some cheato but still debating on it also yea I'm going to do a 33 % pwc not 10%

Thanks every body for the help. I really appreciate it this is why I love this app on my phone I always get help and pretty fast
Old 05-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

lol what am I thinking? But yes 10 gal is 30% of your tank. I think your fish would be happy to have that space where you plan to put the cheato.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffaquarius View Post
lol what am I thinking? But yes 10 gal is 30% of your tank. I think your fish would be happy to have that space where you plan to put the cheato.
Like in a acrylic hang on box
Old 05-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

An HOB breeder with low flow and cheato may help a bit but your have to provide enough light on it.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ok Guy here's the up date after the 33% water change
Ph 8.0
Ammonia .25 ppm
Nitrite 0
Nitrates 40 ppm

I'm planing to do another 33% pwc in 3 days and see from there Ill be happy when my ammonia is at 0 and my nitrates at least 10ppm

Another question hoe how do I raise my ph

Tags
meters, parameters, water parameters

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com