Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-29-2003, 03:23 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Electrobes
hehe no water pumps are just that... water pumps (they are mainly used for sumps, to retuirn water back to the main tank, but can also be used for other applications)

Old 12-29-2003, 09:51 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

no water pump is just the pump !!

Old 12-29-2003, 11:02 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jamal-188
I have a magdrive 9.5 that works great. I also have a cap2200 that was really cheap and came with my wet/dry that I now use on my DIY wet/dry for my 44g. It's been working fine for 8+ months but I'd never buy one know that I know better. I also use a rio on my SOS skimmer but I should really change that out to something more reliable.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:04 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

whats wrong with the cap2200.. I was right about to ask about it Thats funny I have a DIY fuge that I am looking for a water pump for, plus a skimmer too

Also does the increase flow in a skimmer usually used for a higher bio load? I have a coral only tank...
Old 12-29-2003, 12:04 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just to recap as I have been researching like crazy over these pumps and still not sure what to get.. I have a 45G tall tank, with a 29 gallon refugium that I just built ((pic) To the left of the pic is the intake for the refugium and skimmer to get rid of bubbles, the middle protion is the DSB and plant compartement, and the right-hand portion is the water pump compartment.)

I came to understand that I need a semi-slow flow for the refugium to be effective. Based on that kowledge which pump would you guys suggest be used as a return in my tank (brand name and model).

As for the skimmer its confusing to see that in retail the pumps used are not as high as my own that I want to use (RIO 1400), yet I am being told to get one that will probably be a lot higher than my return! 8O

So yeah thats the situation in recap for my 45G tall reef tank. Thanks
Old 12-29-2003, 12:33 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jamal-188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrobes
whats wrong with the cap2200.. I was right about to ask about it
Well, it's been working fine so far but they sell for like $25 on ebay and are rated at a pretty high GPH(forget offhand) So i'm assuming they are not a quality pump that will be very reliable.

Tags
ich, pumps, water pumps

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com