Water Quality Test Strips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BillyZ

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm getting ready to re-stock my testing supplies and was looking around a little. Has anyone tried these test strips? Good, bad, indifferent? Of course the ease of a dip and read is incredibly enticing... but how accurate are they?

I don't care for any test strips, we're not practicing rocket science, but I think we need more accuracy than can be provided by test strips. If your replacing test kits, I highly recommend Salifert ;) and when I bought mine the best prices I could find were at www.fishsupply.com

Test strips are fine for a pool or spa. But for our Tanks they just are not accurate enough to keep up. IMO & IME

Have you people complaining about accuracy actually tried test strips? I just got mine in today was really tired of the drip drip into 4 different test tubes. The readings I get are identical to what i get with my red sea kit, but a heck of a lot easier. If you want to feel like your a real marine biologist use the test tubes, if you just want to know your water quality use the strips. (using strips for PH,alk,am,no3,no2)

Have you people complaining about accuracy actually tried test strips?

I don't think we are complaining at all, when we say that test strips aren't the most accurate method of checking water parameters. Test strips are designed to be faster and yes, more easily used, however, the good quality test kits i.e., SeaChem, Salifert, LaMotte, etc.. are 10 times more accurate, and when it comes to the upkeep of my babies, nothing but the best..BTW, RedSea IMO, is the worst test kit made...

Have you people complaining about accuracy actually tried test strips? I just got mine in today was really tired of the drip drip into 4 different test tubes. The readings I get are identical to what i get with my red sea kit, but a heck of a lot easier. If you want to feel like your a real marine biologist use the test tubes, if you just want to know your water quality use the strips. (using strips for PH,alk,am,no3,no2)

I don't remember complaining?? :roll: If you are happy then buy all means use them. I was just offering my opinon and advice. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom