water results-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ntswift

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I finally got my water results and I just wanted to see how they were and if anyone saw anything out of the ordinary or that might be a problem. TIA!

Salinity- 1.026
Alk- 2.75
PH- 8.0
NO3- 32
NO4- Trace
PO4- 1.5
Calcium- 485
Strontium- 7
Iodine- .02
Iodide- safe
Iodate- safe
Magnesium- 1285
Boron- 2.8
Oxygen- 7.1
Free ammonia- Trace
Total Ammonia- Trace
Silicates- .002
Chlorine- 0
Iron- Trace
Copper- 0
Carbon- needs changing
Vitamin Mineral content- low

You'll want to do some water changes to get the nitrates down as well as the PO4. A PO4 of 1.5 is going to give you some algae issues. Any ammonia and nitrite, even trace amounts also means water changes are in order. Calcium may be a bit high but I'm not sure about the other numbers.

Yeah, I changed the water last weekend. I'm just waiting for more salt to arrive from live aquaria. Would any of these results cause a brain to change color?

The ammonia and nitrite could have ill effects on the brain. What do you mean by changing colors? Is it bleaching?

Here is what I mean. Its not being bleached, its the other way around. I posted about it in the sick corals forum but I figured the water results were best being put here. Anyway here are some pictures if you could tell me what you think. Its under 130w PC's in a 29 gal. Thanks for the help!

It looks like your coral was bleached when you got it but is now regaining some of it's zooxanthellae. I'm not so sure about the white center though. Does the tissue look normal? I'd just get your water parameters in check and give it some time.

Yeah the tissue looks awesome. It puffs up more now then ever. I just wasnt sure if it was supposed to be the color that it is now or the bright green like it was. It looks really healthy aside from the color. If its supposed to be that color, then it looks good! :) Thanks PC for the link. Normally I don't think that the PO4 isnt this high. I'm waiting on salt right now so it hasn't been changed in like a week and a half. I also have test kits on the way to keep a closer eye on things. As soon as the salt gets in, the water changes will be coming. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow or Saturday. If not I might have to go buy one of those small packs of salt. Anyway thanks for all the help!

Actually, the darker color is a healthier looking color. Not all the time but alot of the time those bright neon colors are due to the coral expelling it's symbolic algae. The fact that it is regaining some color is a good sign.

I'm glad to hear that. I thought that the brighter the color the better. I'm glad I'm wrong in this case! :) Thanks Fluff!

Back
Top Bottom