Water Source question...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theyoungaquariest

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everybody!!!
So I am currently buying RO water from my grocery store for my tank. I know it isnt the best, (but hey its better than tap water right?) I saw this on Drs. Foster and Smith.com and was wondering if it was worth it. Im kind of short on money right now and cant afford an RO/DI system, so I was looking for an alternative. What do you think? Is it worth my money? All comments welcome!!!
Thank You!!!
Aquarium Water Quality: Tap Water Filter

Save your money and check out some RO/DI units on ebay. IMO The RO water from the store is most likely better than the water that that filter produces.

I agree, what you're doing is better than that filter, and yeah - save up for your own RO/DI system - it's the most sound investment you can make in your tank. You can get them on ebay for around 100 bucks.

I got my RO/DI off ebay for around $200 including shipping.

Thanks guys!!! Ill just keep buying RO water till I got the cash. Which will hopefully be soon!

My first RO system was something like 50-75GPD and we got it off some army surplus website for really cheap.

I got mine on ebay as well. I paid just under $100 for it shipped.

This is the Ebay store I got mine from. I also order replacement filters from them. I have the 6 stage system.

I bought a Spectrapure that had the reserve tank (so we could use it too) and plumbed it to the refugium with a top-off system to provide continuous makeup for evaporation losses. My next project is a mix tank with a float valve that I'm going to put under the counter next to the tank and T off of the RO line to keep it full. I'll put a small pump in that runs it in recirculation to mix salt and I'll plumb it back to the tank overflow. I have a 120 gal tank, so I'll make it about 30 gallons. Just have to figure out where to put the trap door for adding salt.

Back
Top Bottom