Water Storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krypt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
After reading how alot of the members here at AA mix their water for the month I decided that it sounds like a good idea for me and began to set it up. Went out and got me a 30 gal rubbermaid on wheels w/ cover and I was about to make my first batch when I thought of something.

How exactly do you guys store it? If it sits too long doesn't it get stagnant and stale or do you just leave a PH and heater in there plugged in? I was just thinking that if left in a closet for weeks with no circulation that it would start to go bad.

The powerhead will keep it full of oxygen. What's the temp of your basement? Maybe no heater is needed - or just heat it up right before you use it. I've kept mine for weeks like that w/no problems

Ok, so I keep the PH in the tub w/ water. For heat I'll just drop it in the day before and give it 24 hrs to heat up and it should be fine. Unfortunately I don't have a basement (slab home) so it's going to be stored in a closet.

I have a 70 gal plastic tank on a dolly with a Mag5 pump piped externally and a heater inside.The pump is piped so it can circulate water in the tank or it can be used to move water to and from another tank.It is very handy if you need to empty a sump that is too low to siphon or to set up a new tank.

Back
Top Bottom