Water Test Results

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bearfan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I set up the tank and filled it with SW yesterday. Today, the results were:

PH - Above the scale
KH - 210
CA - 440
NH3 - 0 (Nothing in it but water)
SG - 1.025
Temp - 80

I don't like the KH or PH, what is the advice of the sages?

I don't like the KH or PH, what is the advice of the sages?
First....measure ALK instead of KH, if it is measuring CaCO3 then your alk should be 4.2 Meq/L second, test the PH again tomorrow, it will probably be around 8.4.

Second, don't sweat your PH until it the tank starts to stabalize, there are alot of things going on with the new water and will be going on as the rock cures that will impact the ph tremendously.

I like salifert kits which will test for ALK (measured in Meq/L) or in DKH (by conversion multiply ALK by 2.6).

I have used both salifert and Seachem.. Salifert is by far more accurate and easier to distinguish between readings.. I would highly recommend Salifert.. I believe Darin from Captivereefs.com is having an Awesome deal on both Salifert CA/ALK package.. Salifert is by far the better test over Seachem but thats JMO.. SAlifert is much easier to read all around..

HTH<
James

Back
Top Bottom