Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-04-2004, 08:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Water Water Everywhere

I have just finished setting up my first aquairum. It is a 135 Tenecor Marine Reef Ready system. After many leaks and spills. I am at my wits end. I think I have everything running just fine and wouldn't you know it a new problem pops up. The biofilter system that sits under the aquarium keeps splaching water up to the top and the water is seeping out of the top lid. Any suggestions on how to correct this? Soon I am just going to have to put on the dive gear and swim around my living room.

Old 07-04-2004, 08:58 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to AA, I'm not sure unless you lower the water level a little. I'm not sure of what knid you have. Sorry

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 09:45 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Can you go into more detail as to what biofilter your refering to. Do you hav a wet/dry? If so do you have a drip plate beteen the overflow outlet and the bioball area? Do you have some filter floss above the drip plate?

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 01:54 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I am not sure about the wet/dry thing. but I do have a drip plate. I have not put in any filter floss. Here's what I just did: I put in an extension pipe to that the water would not flow out of the bulk head and would not flow onto the underside of the filter box. So now the water flows out of the bulkhead and down a little further. The extension is very close to the drip plate and now there is no room for any filter floss in this area. Will that be a problem or can I just put filter floss in the bottom section where the other filters will eventually go?

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com