Waterchange Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c0mf0rt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've been doing water changes weekly in my tank.... it's a 60g and I do anywhere from 10 to 15 a week... (trying to lower my nitrates).... The one problem I have though is that when I do these water changes, I have to move my stony corals to the bottom and some of the LR at the top gets exposed....

I'm getting to the point now where I have corals I'm not going to be able to move from the top... and I'm wondering how you guys do water effective water changes without exposing things in your tank....

I mean if I do a gallon at a time... then theoretically I'm taking out some of the good water I just put in.......

Any advice?????????

If you have a sump, drain the water from the sump. Not sure otherwise. Esposing the LR for a shortwhile might be ok but not hard corals. Ideally, you should not have to do so many water changes. Is this a new setup? I would assume since you are battling nitrates, this is an older tank? What is your nitrates?

HTH

The tank has been setup for about six months..... I've got the nitrates around 20ppm.... can't seem to get them to go much lower.... haven't checked it yet today... just did a water change.....

Once I get it under control.... how much a week d'ya think?????

Back
Top Bottom