Wavy Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dannyb

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello.

Im after some sort of long tenticalled wavy coral, Something really bright but not green, Maybe a purple/blue/pink/red?

I was looking around and a Anthelia looked nice, But no real good colours. Im not after another anenome, I have a frogspawn/tourch. I want somethiung that will sway really nicely.

If anyone has any ideas, Or pics better yet, That'd be great.

GSPs are my favorite for waving around, but those are green and you don't seem to want that.

Look into maybe some hammer corals? They sway pretty good and can be found in a variety of colors. I have a pink one myself.

Xenia is another option too.

Your best bet may be blue xenia or Red Sea xenia (reddish brown). Colt corals get large and wave pretty good when decent flow is on them.

Something really bright but not green, Maybe a purple/blue/pink/red?
That's going to be a tough order to fill. There are some blue-ish variants of anthelia/sansibia, but I wouldn't consider them "long-tentacled". One thought would be a long-tentacled plate coral, but I've never had a lot of luck with those. But the colors you list are not really normal colors for LPS corals with long tentacles or wavy polyps. If you're looking for those colors, watch out that you don't end up buying an artifically colored/dyed coral.

Another thought would be a Duncan (Duncanopsammia axifuga). They will branch and when extended are quite long and wavy. They look like mini anemones on stalks. However, they're the normal tan/green color like most LPS corals.

+1 on Kurts Duncan. I just love Duncans. With the correct water and current they color up nicely. A metalic blue with flesh colored tentacles. With good current the tentacles tend to get longer too.

Thanks for the replys, I've got 2 Duncans, And they are spreading like crazy. Growing starts of new stalks 2-3 days. And they do look great.
The only reason i dont want green, Is becuase most of my corals are green besides the Frogspawn. Lol. When the blue lights on, All it is is fluresent green with fluresent red mushrooms. and the frogspawn is fluresent orange with blue tips.

I think i may go a pom pom xenia, They look nice.

EDIT: What about a Sunflower Coral? Anyone know if they're like the Duncans?

Maybe a bubble coral

img_1038890_0_77fe9529ac83b1b1ae905f547cc2b5f7.jpg

You do realize they must be fed individually and do not necessarily wave in the water column? ;)

James brings up a good point. I have them and they dont feed off the light. They have to be fed and eventually it gets old after awhile.

Back
Top Bottom