Way out there question for the experts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abbysdad24

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok, I am a student about to graduate college and hopefully get into med school. I have been thinking about this for a couple of weeks and I found this forum so I thought I'd see if anyone has any useful feedback on this. By useful I do not mean flamming or berating me. This is only an idea, but that's where all great things start. This is not a project that will take place in the next 5-10 years, it's just hypothetical. However, it is something that I am interested in pursuing in the future possibly. Ok, with that done on to the question...What is the largest saltwater pond or aquarium you have ever seen or read about. The idea here is to build a saltwater pond/aquarium in the middle of a landlocked state. There are a couple of reasons behind this. 1) I love the ocean but also love where I live and am probably here for the haul. 2) I think this could be a profitable business one day. I would like to build a saltwater pond about 100 x 100 yards and about 20 ft. deep. I would like to stock this with coral and fish from the ocean. Make it as much like the real thing as possible. Just wondering if it could be done or if it has been done before. Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks.

It's most likely been done. I've seen people with 1000 gallon sw ponds with sharks.

You could most definitely do it but just remember it's going to cost A LOT!

People do it, someone in this forum posted about the same thing and it was a pretty big thread. You would have to make the pond indoor or just have a huge i mean huge aquarium because your salinity would go crazy when it rained and all of the stuff that could get in your outdoor saltwater pond would not be could

Back
Top Bottom