Ways to get anemone out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mlord97

Aquarium Advice Regular
How to get an anemone out without breaking it's column? Tricks, strategies, anything help

I'm no expert but I would try to poke and prod it till it let loose. Nems are actually able to swim away to avoid a threat so I would pester it till it let go. I was lucky my old green carpet nem stayed in the sand so it was easy to remove.

Try directing the flow from a powerful power head at it before poking and prying it off which and damage the foot.

Or if you could get something to slide directly under the foot it would probably work. Try joys advice though. Ive heard of it work.

I used a plastic spatula. Cleared all sand, put all pressure down towards the tank. Worked very slowly and he let go. Good luck. By the way, mines a 14" haddens carpet.

Mlord97 said:
How to get an anemone out without breaking it's column? Tricks, strategies, anything help

I have used a credit card before to slowly pry it off the rock. Whatever you do don't damage the foot or there is no hope.

We had a 2 inch rose bubble tip that was COMPLETELY embedded in a rock when we were switching tanks. We started to pry it off with a plastic cuticle pusher (comes in manicure set ;) ) and it worked wonderfully. until my boyfriend got ahead of himself and instead of prying him the rest of the way he pulled it off. We now have TWO rose bubble tips

**** if his foot is completely hidden and no way to get to it

Yeah it's completely hidden and tucked in the rock

Or maybe make him mad! Move his rock to somewhere you know it won't like, or put another small rock over the top of half of him, then he will just move.

Just a thought anemones need well established tanks so moving it to one that is freshly cycled might kill it.

No. My room mate has a 210 and has had it for over 3 years. And he already has rock and stuff and I'm giving it to him for his birthday

I would give him the rock too if I didn't need it in my tank.

My BTA likes to get stuck in rocks to, Ill pick up the rock and shake it gently for a few minutes. Most of the time he will extend himself just enough for you to get something under him, sometimes he even lets go and starts to swim. (y)

He has a bunch of rock in it already. So I'm gonna put a rock on top of him at an angle so it just blocking light not actually on top and once I catch him moving BAM I got him lol

Back
Top Bottom