we need help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

b3noodles

Aquarium Advice Activist
OK Here goes we are having issues with something eating all our inverts. We have already caught 3 very large what we were told are fireworms all about 5 inchs or longer and about as big around as a pencil...yuck. We did a water chang and in the bucket with the old water we found hundreds of little ones not sure if they were bristle or baby fireworms they look like fireworms. We want to change the substrate from cc to something else any ideas would be great. What can we do to get rid of the worms and what is best for the bottom. Thanks Sue

If the "my info" section is filled out right, from your stock list, I would suspect the crabs. The worms usually go after things already dead or dieing.

I'm actually in the process of changing my CC to playsand. I am doing it about 1/3 of CC replaced by playsand.....I already had about 20LBS of LS on top of my CC, when I set up the tank, so it is kinda of a pain to get the LS separated from the CC....I am using my plastic pasta strainer! LOL!!

Back
Top Bottom