Web making worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fierro Nights

Aquarium Advice Freak
hello everyone, i have not yet left for boot camp, ( there has been delay because of a past injury ) but i have been monitoring my tank and near my polyps which are still multiplying very well, i have noticed a small skinny red tube sticking out of the rock, its about a quarter inch high, and in the past couple of days i have been watching it, it looks just like a blood worm but closer inspection reveals something of more advanced life.

its a red stationary ( always in same place ) tube, and when i feed the tank, ( blood worms or mysis shrimp ) the red tube will pick a target and shoot out a skinny line, it looks like a strand of spider web, clear but about 6-7 inches long, and just that single line will catch an entire worm or shrimp even with a powerhead near by, it will then reel in the line and despite all the yellow polyps near trying to get a bite, it will still pull in the food and a little spiral of teeth come out of the tube and begin to eat the food.

now what the heck is the neat little critter? i have had no success on google.

also i seem to have an infestation of white things, they are the size of a grain of course sand, each are a curled cirgle and have a micro feather on one end, i have a hundred or so.

thank you, that clears it up, so i have VERMITID SNAILS and an outbreak of SPIRORBID WORMS

Back
Top Bottom