weedy sea dragon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BEANS

Aquarium Advice Activist
Has anyone ever seen one of these for sale on a website or LFS? I know they get too big for my setup, and are only found in certain waters but I was just wondering if they are even something that is sold.

Just a neat fish and was curious.

They are only sold to public aquariums. Their relative the leafy sea dragon is endangered and being protected in it's natural habitat.

As Pat mentioned they are both only available to educational and scientific venues requiring scientific permits due to their endangered status. To be rational, would you honestly be willing to afford a single species ranging anywhere from 6k-25k? ;)

Last edited:
Nope. I would not but I was just curious because my girlfriend saw them at an aquarium in Tennessee and I thought they were a very neat specimen so I wanted to ask. I guess technically I could afford one, I mean thats not anymore than I spent on my vehicle or motorcycle but I would never fork out that kind of money on a hobby fish =p. they are very neat though

Back
Top Bottom