Weird Crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JG

Aquarium Advice FINatic
OK - I know that you will ask for a pic, but I can't really get close enough and he is really fast. So I will try to describe as best as I can.

He is a hitchiker that I have seen only a few times. I finally got a decent look last night. He appears to be black, has hairy legs with black and white stripes. Front claws are very large relative to the rest of his body and are smooth and shiny. Eyestalks seem shorter than a hermit.

So far I have only seen him grazing on coralline algae. Everytime I move to get a better look, he ducks ! i have never seen his entire bod
( I would estimate hid carapace to be 1 cm to 1.5 cm wide) . He appears to hide in the holes of the live rock.

Any idea as to type? At least if I have a few names, I can always do a search for photos.

Thanks

an evil type :twisted: Crabs with large claws usually have them for a reason, death and destruction. IMO all crabs are a pain, even thought I do have a few emeralds.

Back
Top Bottom