weird hermit behaviore?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sir_dudeguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This morning, i noticed that 2 of my hermits were locked together...the 2 holes of the shells where right up against eachother, almost like it was one shell. Anyways, i could see every now and then, one of their legs move around, so i figured they were fine and just left them. About a half hour ago tho, i noticed they were still there, hadnt moved or anything, so i pulled them apart. They both scuttled away, but on one of them, its legs looked like they had fleshy stuff coming off of it. Is this because he was molting? if its molting, i'm not worried, but if its some disease, i'd like to get him outta there. Or was it just injury do to battling the other hermit (if they were even fighting)?

thanks

One of them is trying to take the other's shell. No matter how far away from each other u move them now... the one that wants the other's shell will find its target in a few sec. Darn hermits huh lol

wants the other's shell

If this is the case, go buy a couple shells. I think, more than likely, one might kill the other....

I'm not sure, but it could be something else....Maybe they were mating....I'm not sure how they do that so....

yeah, i was seriosly hoping that they were only fighting for shells (well, if they were mating that'd be cool i guess...more free hermits!!!) I was just hoping that the fleshy stuff was just battle wounds and not disease.

thanks all

and i'll get shells

thats happened im my tank, too. they would just stay like that for hours but the next morning or whatever theyd be apart, same shells and all. i dont know what they were doing, lol.

ya...i'm just worried about the one w/the fleshy stuff on it... he was acting normal after i broke em' up tho, so idk

Back
Top Bottom