Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-05-2005, 02:29 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Mine's eaten all of mine. It took it a couple of days to decide to roam the tank but once it did, it made short work of it all. There was one large one that it took its time with (took several days for it to disappear, but it got noticably smaller every day). There's another little one that I found when I moved my rocks around the other day, but I'm sure it won't last for long.

"They" say that there's a 50/50 chance that you'll get a peppermint who's interested in eating aptasia. Hopefully you got one that finds the stuff a delicasy.

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 02:35 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
Mine sits behind a piece of rock, and does nothing. Once in awhile I see him under that rock swaying, but thats it. He did successfully molt the other day so that's good news.

29g FOWLR- 2 Percula Clowns
2 Emerald Mithrax Crab, 5 Nassarius Snails, 3 Astrea Snails, 1 mexican turbo snails, 1 Chocolate Chip Star, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, and 27lbs of LR 2lbs tonga branch and 25lbs fiji rock

Maiden's Hair, Calerpa, and Red Kelp macro algae.
X the Outsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 03:13 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
50/50 chance eh? hmmmm. well ill give this guy a few days to settle in and get his apetite back and see what he does. if he still does nothing, maybe i'll just go with "joe's juice" anyone know how that stuff works and if its dangerous to use around other corals? and how do you stick it with a needle? mine suck back into the rock if i touch them.
mle421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 12:50 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak
ok, so i covered my flashlight with plastic wrap that i colored red with a marker last night in hopes of seeing any movement whatsoever, and to my surprise.... my shrimp was a psycho! he was all over the place! prancing around the sand scurring up the glass and doing the back stroke through the current the PH makes. he was so fast! he looked like he was having the time of his life! and this morning i noticed that some of my aptasia looks a bit thinner too! so maye he does like it!
Old 01-06-2005, 06:12 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Location: From the Chicago Burbs, stationed in Okinawa, Japan
I haven't seen mine in the front of the tank. They're either in a hole in my LR or roaming around the back where I can barely see them. I had them since Xmas eve.
29g SW, 50lbs LR, 20h sump w/ Mag 5 and Quietflo 600gph overflow, AquaC Remora Skimmer w/ MJ1200, 2x65w Satellite PC's, 2xMJ600.
Livestock: 3 Percs, 1 Lawnmower Blenny(RIP),1 Leather, 1 Mushroom, 1 Zoo
tee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 06:08 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak
ok, so i just got home from the LFS, and realized why my shrimp isn't eating my aiptasia.... its because he's a stupid camel shrimp! i even asked the guy when he picked him out, i said, hang on a second that doesn't look like a pep. shrimp, but the moron fed me some stupid line about "oh he just looks lighter cause he just molted". i guess it's my fault for believing him though. still makes me mad. i'm gonna try and take him back tomorrow and see if they'll swap him for a pep. what do i do with him if they won't though? i hear that camel's are bad and they eat corals, is that true? ps, i got my first fish yesterday, 2 baby percs they're so cute! only about 5 weeks old!

pepper, peppermint, peppermint shrimp, rim, shrimp, weir

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com