Weird Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New2Salt

Aquarium Advice Freak
Right now we have one of those paper blue backings for the back of our tank held on by tape, it's a pain, especially if water happens to fall in between it, any suggestions on alternative things so that I don't have to constantly take the backing off, wipe it down and wipe the glass down inbetween all the hardware that is back there? I know someone must have an easier way. I know it's a little bit late in the game to be asking now should have thought of it before doing the whole tank. Or do I just keep doing what I've been doing?

Some people paint the back of their tanks. Some acrylic tanks are built with solid color back's.

Where could we get some of that kind of paint? What type is ok to use?
Hardware store or Craft store?

Thanks again FF!! :p

It can be pretty difficult to paint a tank that is already set up. When I was painting the backs of my tanks I used a regular spray paint, in the color you want, I typically used the paint they used to paint engines. I would put saran wrap over the top of the tank and on the sides and front and I would mask the frame.

I have also heard of people applying the backings with vasaline. It will make it stick to the tank and is also waterproof. I have never done this and have no idea how it would look or how it would work out.

I don't put anything on the back of my all glass tank. It is against a white wall. There are actinic lights toward the back of the tank and so light the back of the wall somewhat. Between the LR and the coraline, You don't see much of it anyway. I suggest more LR to obscure the view.

Mark

my tank is 4ft wide, I picked up 2 really cheap mirrors. Then I took velcro and stuck it to the tank and I am really pleased with the look. I have also convinced myself that it helps reflect the light in the tank...plus, I can always see what is going on behind the live rock. I too, got frustrated with
the vinyl type backings.

Back
Top Bottom