Weird wrasse behaviour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Olliefowler

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, so i have recently treated for ich, and have seen no white spots for 6 weeks now!
However now and again my yellow wrasse will rub his "chin" on a bit of pipe. (Maybe once every couple of hours)
He sometimes twitches also!
However all the fish are still in qt and none of the others are doing it.
He does get chased from time to time!
Eating fine and no heavy panting or anything!
I have done one round of tremazol yesterday (cant get prazi in uk!)
Any other ideas?
Should i treat with copper?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tremazol isn't effective against ich if im not mistaken. Its hard to tell about the fish. The safe way is to keep them all in qt still.

But i havent seen a spot for 6 weeks. Thought it may have been flukes. Hence using tremazol.
Is only the wrasse behaving this way!

Ich can survive as a low level infection infecting the gills without being seen. I had it for over a year in my 20g tank and almost never saw a spot.

So would it be better to use cupramine. You dont realise how much i appreciate ur help.
I lost my valentini puffer today! I didnt realise trezamol had to be used at half dose for scaleless fish. Poor fella

I've been treating with cupramine in QT and it seems to have been working for me. In fact, I have 2 more fish coming out of QT tomorrow

I have all mine in a 70 litre hospital tank atm. Been through hypo. And still clearly have an issue. So another 2/3 weeks with cupramine it seems is on the cards.

I just wondered whether he was dislodging food or something. As you would expect other fish to act the same in such a small tank. And it isnt constant

Back
Top Bottom